Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive will play in important role in helping us grow our presence and the client base in the Northern Ireland market. The post holder will be responsible for business development and will build strong relationships with our existing and prospective primary care stakeholders, including, consultants, GPs, and allied health professionals. Working across our three clinics in Northern Ireland, the Business Development Executive will be actively promoting our services, winning new business and partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who is able to develop opportunities with new clients across various specialties within private healthcare, including, but not limited to, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Urology, Neurology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry and Physiotherapy. This is an exciting role for someone passionate about building relationships with clients and helping to explore new avenues for the company as part of our growth strategy in Northern Ireland. Depending on candidate experience, we are open to a flexible arrangement, but minimum 3 days per week would be required.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Identify business opportunities through developing new and maintaining existing working relationships.
- Build a network and a database of new and existing consultants, GPs and AHPs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained.
- Identify referrers and other users of our service with a potential for greater use of our service and ensure they have an understanding of the added benefits of our service.
- Monitor the NI market, ensuring the target audience is covered at the designated frequency in an efficient manner.
- Maintain your knowledge about the activities of our main competitors, as well as a familiarity about the overall market – communicate relevant information to the team in a timely manner.
- Assist with competitor analysis and the preparation of any marketing material as required.
- Prepare and review reports of the main activities on your territory, including details of your activities as required.
- Engage with other bodies as relevant, such as industry event organisers, trade associations and similar, to further increase company awareness as a whole.
- Engage in planning and participation of relevant meetings for healthcare professionals and attendance at meetings and exhibitions, with a view to promoting our service and researching our competition.
- Organise company events and educational evenings for our referrers and healthcare practitioners we work with.
- Ensure that the promotions undertaken by you are within the terms of your training and other relevant guidelines including the law, code of Marketing Practice and any other regulations, which apply at the time of the promotion.
- Ensure records are kept up to date and relayed to the team in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a good relationship with your colleagues and remain informed about the work of our clinics in NI.
- Co-ordinate and manage communication to ensure that information flows freely between your colleagues and our customers.
- Manage and resolve referrer complaints in line with company guidelines and policy.
- Remain familiar with the Company procedures relating to the reporting of Customer Complaints.
- Remain mindful of the relevant sections of the Company Handbook, which refer to the ethics of business and ensure you adhere to these.
- Ensure the direct relative costs do not exceed the costs agreed from time to time with your manager.
- Participate in the staff development and individual performance review process.
Third Level Qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in a business development role.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting is highly advantageous.
- Experience liaising with senior management teams and Director level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain professional relationships with all levels within the organisation.
- Proven consultative sales ability.
- Target driven & results orientated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work alone and also as part of a team.
- Honesty, Integrity and Confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Very effective organisational skills – ability to set up priorities and ability to effectively deal with changing priorities.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and use of Outlook at a proficient level.
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions.
- Time management skills
- Excellent planning, priority and time management skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Autonomy to make daily decisions.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours).
Part of the Affidea group, Hillsborough Private Clinic provides Ophthalmology, ENT, Podiatry, Gastroenterology, Urology and other services and treatments in Northern Ireland. Working with the leading consultants and surgeons in the country, Hillsborough Private Clinic is renowned for Quality care and service.
We are looking for an Accounts Administrator to join our finance team. The successful candidate will assist with a variety of duties to include general accounts functions ie invoicing and sales ledger, credit control, whilst ensuring an excellent customer service in a professional manner.
- Process high volume invoices to sales ledger on SAGE, online portals and to insurance companies.
- Liaise with patients/clients, suppliers and colleagues including dealing with queries and ensuring resolution.
- Liaising with healthcare insurers.
- Process remittance advice notes received from insurers and follow up with client/insurer regarding any shortfall or patient access.
- Collecting client payments and maintain accurate credit control information when updating ledgers.
- Daily reconciliation of credit card/bacs payments and update ledgers.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation.
- Prepare and complete weekly cash/cheque lodgements.
- Prepare stock take report.
- Ensure all invoices are posted to the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in dealing with any further correspondence/queries that may arise.
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate to the post, including working within Orthoderm Clinic (our sister clinic) when required.
- 2 years’ experience working in an accounts role.
- Sound working knowledge of SAGE 50 Accounts or equivalent software.
- Capable of processing information accurately and efficiently.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel).
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Contributory Pension Plan.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Free access to ExpressCare minor injury units for you and your family.
- Free access to Diagnostic Scans.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Development opportunities such as cross working/training with our sister clinic Orthoderm Private Clinic.
- Relevant training funded by company.
Please forward your CV to Emma Stinson email@example.com