Your body and brain will survive just minutes without oxygen, so any disease or disorder that affects your ability to breathe is a serious cause for concern. A consultant respiratory physician can diagnose, monitor, and treat your lung and respiratory disorders, helping you to breathe easier.
What Diagnostic Tools Do We Use?
The consultants at Hillsborough Private Clinic will perform a full clinical examination and take a detailed look at your medical history. They may also use the following diagnostic tools to find out more about your condition:
- Basic lung function tests – you will breathe into a spirometer, which measures the amount and rate at which you breathe.
- Blood tests – a sample of blood is taken and tested for any signs of disease.
- Bronchoscopy – a bronchoscope is passed through your nose or mouth to your lungs. It has a small camera to detect physical signs of disease within your respiratory system.
- Radiology – Your consultant may order X-rays and CT scans to help reveal disease.
<Get Your Diagnosis Today>
What Respiratory Problems Do We Treat?
We diagnose and manage some of the most common problems including:
- Asthma – We help our patients with asthma manage their symptoms. We treat all types of asthma including corticosteroid-resistant asthma, occupational asthma, and allergic asthma.
- Breathlessness – Many different disorders cause breathlessness. We will diagnose your problem and put an effective treatment in place.
- Persistent Cough – As with breathlessness, a persistent cough is a symptom of several serious problems.
- Allergies – Allergies are the cause of many respiratory problems. We will diagnose your allergy and help you manage your condition with medicine or suggest lifestyle changes.
- Bronchiectasis – When the airways in your lungs are damaged, bacteria and mucus can build up, which causes inflammation and infection.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – COPD is a collection of diseases that includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. These diseases create breathing problems that gradually worsen and can lead to heart failure.
Experiencing Respiratory Problems? Get a Fast Appointment at Hillsborough Private Clinic
If you are having trouble breathing, don’t wait to see a health practitioner. When you contact Hillsborough Private Clinic, we’ll ensure you are booked in right away with one of our Consultant Respiratory Physicians for a quick diagnosis and treatment plan. We are a leading independent healthcare clinic consisting of a team of skilled consultants.
Our private clinic, situated in the beautiful village of Hillsborough, provides healthcare services for a wide range of conditions. Our team is readily available to help you feel relaxed and cared for in our clean and welcoming facility.